"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
tutoring
This summer I am working as a summer tutor at the Shelton Scholar's tutoring program. Shelton, is a local private school that works with students with learning differences. So far my experience is going well. The program is three hours a day from 9-noon Monday-Friday. The student I am working with for the first hour and last hour is a great kid and a hard worker. The middle hour works on auditory processing with students. I work the middle hour in the auditory class with 5 and 6 year olds, and am having a great time with them. The student I am working with the first hour and last hour is 12 and going into 6th grade. So, it is interesting working with a 12 year old then switching to 5 and 6 year olds and then back to a 12 year old. I am enjoying the experience as I did last year and always learning. I feel this dynamic really helps me in fine tuning and being able to feel comfortable working with any age. That is also something I have learned subbing too. So, half a week down and two more days left then the program end July 22.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment