Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I cannot believe that another Thanksgiving has come and gone so fast, and that in just a few short weeks Christmas will be here. When we got married we decided to do Thanksgiving with my parents one year and B's parents the other year. Last year we went with my family, so this year we went to be with B's family. It was my first ever Thanksgiving away from my family. I did FaceTime them so I got to see them on Thanksgiving.

We went down to B's family lake house this year on Wednesday. As soon as we got there we unpacked and went to dinner with everyone. As soon as we got back from dinner I started to make my pumpkin pie, which turned out to be a good thing because the next day was crazy with everyone getting everything else ready for Thanksgiving day lunch. As we were there I was asked  what my family did for Thanksgiving a lunch or a dinner. As I thought back I came up with the answer it would depend on what year and where we were. As, in the past we have had both.

Growing up we would go to my grandparents house in Missouri and we would do lunch mostly, and maybe a few times dinner. Then after my Mom's parents passed away we stayed in Dallas and went to Brook Hollow for lunch. After my Dad's parents passed away we started going up to our lake house and would do dinner. So, I have done it all so many different ways. This year just added a new one to the books.

Next year we will be with my family for Thanksgiving. It is fun alternating each year so here is to Thanksgiving 2014.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My family does dinner, Dave's family does lunch -- and our parents live 1 hr 15 minutes from eachother so last year we could do both.

This year, we couldnt go home but we chose to do dinner --- that way our guests had time to enjoy their day then come over later!

Glad you had a fun thanksgiving! Does this mean you get to do Christmas at your house?

This is my life so far said...

Katy

Christmas is easier. We both are from dallas and both families also live in dallas. B's family does Christmas early so we will be going there the 22nd. Then we do Christmas Eve lunch with my cousins etc and Christmas Day we will go to my parents house for dinner.