Tuesday, September 2, 2014

4 U R Colorado trip

Last Saturday B and I went back in time, well at least one hour behind in beautiful Colorado. We flew to Albuquerque, New Mexico and the drove up to 4 U R ranch which is in wagon wheel gap, Colorado outside of Creede. We stopped in Santa Fe on our way up and had lunch at Casasena. Which was really good. The Indian market was happening so there were lots of people around. We got back in the car and continued up to 4 U R ranch. I had not been there. It took about 4 or 5 hours from Santa Fe.

It was a beautiful drive up. We finally made it just before dinner time. We checked in and went to our room. After getting everything unpacked we headed to the lodge for dinner. The food at 4 U R was amazing. It was set up as a dinning room. Everyone was assigned a table that you would sit at during the duration of your stay for each meal.

Sunday we woke up and headed to breakfast. After that b took me fly fishing for the first time which was fun. I enjoyed watching him teach me something he loves and grew up doing. Sunday afternoon I had a wonderful massage. Also I spent time by the pool. Monday we woke up and went into the town of creede. We went I a tour of the mine museum and drove around town. After lunch we came back and went fly fishing again.

Also we walked around the property and saw an old bath house that is on the property that used to be used a hundred years ago. Also there is an abandoned mine on the property that is cool and creepy looking. We got some great pictures during our trip.

Tuesday B went fly fishing while I came with him and read my boom on my iPad while enjoying being outside. Tuesday afternoon we went into the pool and hung out. Tuesday morning there was an outside breakfast that you could ride on a horse to or in your car. It was fun.

Wednesday we got in the car and started our journey to Albuquerque. We stopped in Santa Fe and had lunch at Santa cafe. It was a great place to people watch on our way back to the airport.

No comments: