For my junior league placement this year I am volunteering at the Dallas Museum of Art this summer. I am a summer volunteer at the new C3 area of the museum. I will be working with children and art. The past two days I have started my volunteer hours. I have to have 60 hours finished by August. I am really excited about this placement and think it will be a lot of fun.
Yesterday, I went and volunteered for 4 hours in the morning. I helped to put things together for the upcoming camps. It was fun watching the pre-school kids in the art class offered. Today, I went and volunteered for a full day. It was a lot of fun but a bit long. The camps have not started yet so I helped get more things ready for the camps that are in the next few weeks. I will have one more full day of volunteering and then I will be volunteering half days the rest of the month. I figured I should be able to finish my hours by the end of June or the beginning of July. With my volunteering in the museum I also get to get a free pass for the year to the DMA which I will defenantly be taking advantage of in the future:) So this is what I have been up to the past few days and have many more to hang out and enjoy all the museum has to offer.
1 comment:
Knock all of those hours out this summer! That's the best way to do it. HAve fun.
Post a Comment