"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Job hunt don't have experience too bad
ok so I know I have not updated in a few weeks but honestly nothing has really changed to add on this blog. I have decided to substitute teach this year so I can get somemore experience so that next time I am up for a job that I will be able to get one. The main reason it has been difficult for me to get a job is that I do not posess the experience that schools or companies look for when considering someone for a job. It seems that I am stuck in the whole thing of we want you to have experience and I am sitting here thinking well how do I get experience if you will not hire me because I do not have experience circle right now. I am trying so hard. One job I applied for sent me an email that said we know this market is hard because everyone want someone with experience and those people come in and take the opportunity away from you. The worst and hardest for me is when I am told we have all been where you are sitting at some point and have all struggled to. I am thinking if you know how hard it is why don't you just give me a chance to get some experience. I hold a B.A. degree and a teaching certificate so I am qualified. I just feel I am overqualified for jobs and it is stressful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there... When you least expect it, the perfect job will come along. And then you'll be so happy none of those other jobs worked out because you wouldn't have found your perfect job if they had. :)
I agree with Tiffany. It will all work out. In the interim, though, I'll keep my ears open.
Post a Comment