Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 2009

Well, as we end another month and are well on our way of beginning a new one I thought that I would do some blogging before there is a new month and so many things that are upcoming. This past weekend was very busy. Friday night I went to dinner with Ben at his parents house. It was a great dinner with everyone there. After that Ben and I came back and just hung out for a bit. Saturday, I had two job fairs to go to. Now this was a bit stressful part of the day. So, I got up early and Ben came by and brought me a muffin from JD's for breakfast. IT was great. Then I went off to the job fair. My first stop was the Highland Park job fair. I was thinking that I would start with that one because it was the closest to me. So, I got there at 8:30 to get ready for it and get in line. By the time I was there, there were already many people ready to go and the fair did not even begin until 9 AM. I went by and met the director of personal for the district and she told me to go around and talk with each elementary school. After that to go by the special education table to hand them a resume as well. So, I was making pretty good time. The interviews that day were like pre-screenings to the real interview. I was asked at least one question at each table. I was making really good time and then I hit a line that was very slow, and when I got to the front I heard that they did not have any openings at that point, but was so glad I stopped by and talked with them. The lady I talked to was very helpful and made it all end on a positive note. Then I stopped by the special education table and handed them my resume. At this time it was 10:45 AM when I left and got on to the next job fair. The second one I was off to was the Plano job fair. By the time I got there and found a parking spot I went in and as I got there a lady said how may I help you as I was about to walk into the gym. The lady then preceded to tell me that I could not go in unless I had pre-registered which I thought I had. So she checked and said I had not filled out an application even though I knew I had. So, I was stressed that by the time I got there i was to late for the walk ins mostly by maybe a minute or so. The odd thing is that they were talking about it on the radio and how anyone could go which was annoying. So, next I get back in my car and find my way back home to meet with Grace for lunch.

Grace and I had a great time catching up and talking about the job fairs. Then after that I walked back to my car and had a message from Dealey. So, I called her back and talked with her briefly. She said that she wanted me to participate in the afternoon activity but was unable to tell me over the phone so I was like sure I am in. So, then I talked with Ben on the phone and Dealey came by and picked me up in the afternoon. when I got in the car Dealey asked me about the job fairs and then asks if I want to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I said I would love to, it was just so funny how she asked and totally like Dealey and something to laugh about for time to come. So, I am so excited that she asked me to be a part of her wedding and am excited for the upcoming events and hanging out more.

Saturday night, Ben and I went out to dinner and then back to his place. I was so tired that I was falling asleep at 8:30 pm. So I went home and went to bed. Then Sunday Ben and I went to the Dallas Arboretum and had so much fun seeing all the playhouses out there that different architect firms had come up with. There were several that we both liked a lot. Then Sunday night we were going to bring something in but ended up just eating at the place we went to get stuff to go.

So far this week has been going well and I had a job Monday for resource in Richardson, a half day job at HP Tuesday (today) and so far Wednesday I will be subbing for a high school teacher at a local private school. That will be a new thing for me so we will see how high schoolers are.