"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Monday, April 6, 2009
Bill's home and the fronteers of flight
This past weekend was full of activities. Friday started out with Ben and I going to dinner and watching a movie. Saturday morning started off early with a call at 6 am from my mom waking me up, to go to DFW airport. Our whole family went to DFW at an early hour to welcome home the troops. A little known fact is that DFW has a welcome home celebration every week for the troops coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. My brother was coming home for R&R so we went to meet him. That whole ordeal is very emotional and it was fun to watch husbands and wives come back to families and watch the reaction of everyone. We got back home and just hung out. Ben came over after lunch and we went to the historical homes tour together which was so much fun. When we got back we were watching TV and my brother came over to see my place and brought mint chocolate chip ice cream my favorite. Saturday night I went to a dinner party for a friend who is getting married memorial day weekend. Sunday Ben and I went to church and to lunch. After that Ben and I decided to go to the fronteers of flight museum. It was sos much fun to see all of the old plans. We lucked out and there were also old world war 2 plans out to go in and see. It was very windy on Sunday afternoon that we got the true effect of what it would be like to be flying in the planes. I took lots of pictures, but then my camera was acting odd and when I put them on my computer half of them did not even come out or were loaded on my computer. Which was sad but about 5 or so of them did sorta come out. Sunday afternoon we just went back and hung out and had dinner in together. All in all it was a busy weekend with lots of fun activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment