Saturday, April 16, 2011

Book Review:Heart of the Matter

I just finished reading Emily Griffin's Heart of the Matter. This book is very good. It was a little hard to get started but once I got into it was very good. The book starts off differently than any of her previous books. She starts off in the middle of an anniversary dinner between Nick and Tessa, who have been married 11 years and have two beautiful young children. Nick is a pediatric plastic surgeon and the best one around at that. During their dinner Nick is on call and gets paged to the hospital for an accident of a young boy named Charlie. Charlie is 6 years old and was badly burned in an accident at a friend's birthday party. Nick meets Charlie's mother once she arrives at the hospital in panic. Her name is Valerie. So, Tessa arrives home and is asleep by the time Nick returns home. She knows enough about her husband and his job that he is not in a mood to talk about it and goes to sleep. One thing Tessa does not know is this night will forever change all of their lives for better or worse. To find out more please read this book.

One thing I love about Emily Griffin's books are the connections of all the characters to her previous books. I feel like it helps connect you to her books and find out what the characters from other books are doing and how they are all connected in a ways that I never imagined and I have enjoyed reading her books and making that connection. So, I highly recommend this book as well. Happy reading.

1 comment:

Laura-Jane said...

Are you on goodreads.com?