Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day weekend 2013 recap

Labor Day weekend 2013 was one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. The weekend was busy jam packed with activities and hanging out. This year I invited up a bunch of friends and family members up to the lake house.

Friday night B and I went up by ourselves and watched the SMU vs. Texas Tech game on TV. It was nice and relaxing before everyone else arrived and Saturday afternoon.

Saturday afternoon all of our guests arrived and were ready for some fun. The afternoon started off with target practice for the boys, while the girls stayed inside and hung out.  After that the boys came back in from their adventure while the girls hung out and got dinner ready. For dinner on Saturday night I made crock pot chicken and Steak tacos which everyone really loved. After dinner some of us went out on the ski boat to test it out. The boat had been in storage all summer. After we came back many people watched more football.

Sunday, everyone woke up and had breakfast. After breakfast the boys took the boat out again, on what seemed like a short outing that ended up to take a couple of hours. While they were out on the boat another couple came up and I showed them around the house. When the boat riders returned we had lunch and then some of us went out on the boat again.

We had a great time skiing for the first time in a while. We were out on the lake for another couple of hours and then decided to come in as it was getting hot outside. We had dinner and then watched The Great Gatsby. I had been really excited and enjoyed watching the movie.

Monday, after breakfast a lot of the guys got up and went motorcycle ridding. The girls met them at the Wild Life Reserve which was really fun to go to and see. The motorcyclists had a great time but had an adventure in ridding with one almost flat tire. So, the ride back was the car following the motorcyclists back. After that everyone came back to the house had lunch and headed home.

All and all it was a jam packed weekend with dogs, kids and lots of fun.

No comments: