Thursday, January 24, 2008

Now What?!?!

I feel that now what is a question that most recent grads or people who are looking for a change in their life is very common. I know that this question at times can bring uncertainty and frustrations at times. My advise to myself along with anyone else out there going through something similar would be this: take things one day at a time and let your friends know you are looking for a job. I am just hoping I can take my own advise or at least trying to. I have options right now and I just have to get out there and look and apply. At times I feel like most of my peers are so far ahead of me and I just have to play catch up at times.At other times, I feel that I am where everyone else is which would mostly be uncertain and confused. Well, this is all I have for this post and to my readers, until next time.

2 comments:

RR said...

It's easy to get bogged down, thinking about how far ahead one's friends are. I'm in grad school now, and I'm just about the oldest person in the master's program in my department, and it gets me down sometimes to think that I'm so far "behind" them. But then I think of the comment my friend Hils' mother made to her when she (Hils) was thinking of going to law school.

"I'll be 32 when I graduate," Hils said.
"You'll be 32 anyway," said her mom, "and this way you'll have a law degree."

That really helps pick me up. I'll be 32 when I get my master's degree, but I would have been 32 anyway.

As to the job search, well, that's always depressing. I'll be joining the job search in a few months and am not looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'll pray for you. I'll also keep an eye out for job openings that might interest you.

(P.S. Deals told me about your blog, in case you're wondering how I found it.)

Deals On Wheels said...

Also, you know RR. You met her and her twin sister at Amy's ball. RR is the meek one NOT in the video with Susie.