Monday, February 2, 2009

Fort Worth Zoo and car show






This weekend Ben and I went to Fort Worth to see the car shows and all of the new cars that will be coming out. I thought it was a lot of fun. I picked out four cars that I liked: The BMW 3 series, the Volkswagen SUV that is small, Jeep Patriot and the Audi that is the least expensive. Ben really liked a convertible and a few others. We were at the car show about an hour close to when it opened so it was not too crowded. It reminded me of all the cars that are at the fair every year, minus the corny dogs and funnel cakes. After that I called Chase, who is at TCU and wanted to see if he was up for going to lunch with Ben and I, since we only knew of Joe T's and had just had Mexican the night before for dinner. So, I called and woke Chase up and said we would meet him at his place. When we got there he was still getting ready so we waited outside for him to come out. The funny thing is that his roommate came out with just pants on and no shirt, and I think we scared him off. I asked if Chase was there and he went to get him. I think he was coming out to have a smoke, but decided against in when two random people were out there. So, Chase came out and we went to this really good hamburger place across the street.
After lunch we went back to Chase's to get the car and were going to come back to Dallas. I told Ben I really wanted to go to the Fort Worth Zoo. He said he was too tired after lunch and we could go next time. So, then as we drive by it ( the zoo is close to TCU) he changed his mind and turned around and we went. We had a great time and got lots of exercise with out even realizing it. The one sad thing is that the Zebra's were not out on Saturday and the Cheetahs had been put up by the time we got to them. But, it was so much fun to see all the animals. We also saw a Grandy's restaurant there which we thought was very funny, and it was even closed. So, we took funny pictures of it and added it to the rest of our pictures. Then we left at 4:30 when the zoo was closing and went back to Dallas, to watch a movie and relax after our long day.

No comments: