So today I went to check up on some jobs at two local school districts. The first one I went to I had applied to and received a letter from them back in May and then a phone call back in June. So, I go by to check on it and ask about my status. My answer was that there are currently no positions available in the elementary level, but they would let me know if something came up that I needed to interview for. As well as adding that they keep all applications on file for 2 years. I told the very nice lady thanks for checking and letting me know. Then I went to a second local district that I had applied to. I asked them if there was anything else to do other than apply online and they were very helpful and said that should be good enough and that I could call person x to check as well and that someone would contact me. Then, as I was driving back I got a phone call from another school. I called them back when I got home and was told that they did not have any positions either, but I could sub there. So I said that would be great and asked what I needed to do to get on that list, and added that they should have all my information that I had sent them as well as an application that I had filled out for a tutoring job that is apart from the school. So at least today I have felt like I have some answers to many questions.
I will be tutoring a little girl that is going into kindergarten for about a week and a half helping her prepare for kindergarten to be at the top of the class, as her grandmother who is a family friend had asked me to help with. So, that is something to look forward to for a bit. Also, I am looking into taking the GRE to go and get a masters degree. I am thinking that will help me too since I feel I have done everything I can and still just stuck. I am looking into speech path programs which my undergrad degree is in as well as education programs. I just recently have felt at a loss of what else I can do to get a job, even an aide or assistant job just to get my feet wet. I feel that everyone wants you to have experience but no one seems to be willing to help you get the experience, my life is a never ending circle of non experience. I guess subbing and student teaching do not seem to count anymore. UGH....
So, we will see where I end up and if I end up subbing again. I will be starting off on many more sub lists this year than last so I am hoping that will be in my favor and something will happen from that. So, that is my job update for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment