"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Thursday, January 14, 2010
an interesting experience
Well these past two weeks subbing at a local school district have been interesting to say the least. I have learned more in two weeks than in my whole life working with very low students. I have been frustrated to the point of crying and uncertain of who to listen to at the school I am at. Many people tell me different things including the fact that the student I am working with it is my resposibility to take him to the restroom and stand there until he is finished. When I asked if a guy could do it the answer I got was well if you can find one that will. But the real reason is that they just don't want to do it and think I should as well. Today I found out that the whole time I have been at the school for this month I have been an "aide" to the student and that i had a "team" that I worked with. This came about because I am leaving early Friday (tomorrow) for an interview. When I asked who I needed to notify different people gave me different answers. I do not mind being an aide, but the things that I do mind are: 1. Taking student to the bathroom and standing with them when they are of the opposite sex 2. Having different people give me different instructions regarding what to do, and getting mad when I do something else 3. Treating me like I am an idiot that does not know anything in general or about the student that I HAVE BEEN WORKING with ALL DAY LONG for the past few weeks! so, that is my steam to blow off for today. I am praying next week is better and think about the pay check at the end of the month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment