Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grocery store story

So Ben and I went to the grocery store last night to pick up a few things. While in line we ran into someone I knew from a while back. As we approached the check out lady and gave her our items she asked me when my birthday was, mainly because we had purchased alchohol and they always ask. So I gave her my ID and she said to me in regards to the year I was born, " you were born during happy times". Me not sure how to answer her said " yes that is what I hear". I bought it was interesting that she said that and certainly the most interesting comment made aboutthe year I was born to me.

Then I started thinking, what is she refering to? Could she be refering to the economy we are living in today? The state of today's government verses the government when I was born? I guess that is sething that will remain unknown.

1 comment:

Deals On Wheels said...

Maybe she was referring to the heat wave of 1980? My mom is still bitter that she was nine months pregnant during the hottest summer on record for Dallas, Texas.