Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was Easter weekend. It was a great time had by all. My family went up to the lake house for Easter. I got there on Friday afternoon and stayed until Monday morning. Ben came and spent the day on Saturday at the lake house and we just hung out.
On Sunday we went to a local church to our lake house. It was the first time any of us had been there. I now have experienced a small town church service on Easter. This was vastly different than anything I had ever experienced. We sat on the third row with family friends, and noticed many people not sitting around us for a while. The preacher kept saying how great it was that the church was full, which after the 10th time of hearing it, we ( ie my family) got that he was excited to see so many people there. My favorite part was when he started thanking everyone for being there. Then he says and thanks to those who are tuning in on cable channel 92. It was just so strange to know that I have now attended a cable tv church, you know the ones that you turn on on Sunday mornings. Anyways, the preacher had all the kids come up for the kids service. My mom and I could not believe the mom's who were sitting in church taking pictures of their kids as the service went on. It was very odd for us. Then, we realized how lucky we were to go to a church, here in Dallas that had such great technology.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and watching movies. All in all it was a great day, and weekend.

No comments: