"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
After the Tate Lecture
After the Tate Lecture series as Ben drops me off at my place I hear an alarm going off. I am thinking in my head, gee I wonder if that is coming from my place. Just as I think that and was trying to find the gate opener for the gate my Dad calls and asks what the alarm code is. I am trying to tell him and finally say that I will be there in a minute. So I walk up and they are trying to figure it out and who pushed what. I go up and press the reset button and then show my dad how to turn the alarm off and the importance of pushing the ENTER button. Then my parents leave and I get a call from my dad two seconds after they pull out to say the cops were there. So, as he says that the door bell rings. I hung up and answered the door. The cop asked me if everything was ok and I told him that I was fine and that my parents had set off the alarm and with that he left. It did make me feel safe that he came. I am not sure if they called since I might not have been there to get the call in the first place. So that is my funny story to end a great evening full of fun and excitement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment