Sunday, May 22, 2011

movie review

Yesterday, my best friend K was in town. She does not live that far, but it is always so much fun to see her and catch up. So, yesterday we got to catch up and go see a movie and have dinner. We went and saw Something Borrowed. I read the book, K did not read the book and we both enjoyed the movie. To me I already knew what was going to happen next but enjoyed seeing it play out on the big screen. I thought it was very close to the book, only minor things that were different. So, here is my review

In the movie Something Borrowed, it follows two life long best friends, Rachel and Darcy. Rachel is a big time lawyer who met Dex in law school. The movie opens on Rachel's 30th birthday we a surprise party put on by Darcy. At the party you are introduced to Ethan a childhood friend of Darcy and Rachel. They all three grew up together. Darcy leaves the party a bit early because she was a bit over served. So, Dex takes her back home only to end up coming back to get her purse that Darcy left behind. As he is returning he runs into Ethan and Rachel leaving for the night. Rachel decides to help Dex find Darcy's purse, this is where it gets interesting. Then Dex and Rachel decide to get another drink and the next morning they wake up together. Rachel sees that Darcy has called her several times as well as Dex. So, they have to figure out a cover story. The movie is highly entertaining and fun to watch. I highly recommend this movie. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars :) So, go see it and enjoy an interesting story line that is fun to watch.

No comments: