Monday, November 7, 2011

A weekend away

Last weekend, B and I went on a mini vacation!!! We had so much fun together. We went down to Austin and stayed in his parents house down there. We ended up getting in late Friday night and stopped by a place called Thunder Cloud Subs. I really enjoyed this place and think it is a chain in the Austin area. Saturday, we woke up and headed into town. We ate lunch and then went to the LBJ presidential museum. I LOVED this place!!! It was my first time to go to a presidential library. I can not wait to go to the George W Bush library when it opens. We bought a souvenir book that has all the information on the museum so we can look back at it anytime. While we were in the museum the UT vs. Texas Tech game was going on. It was fun to see the full stadium from the museum. As we got out of the museum the game had finished, so we hung out a bit waiting for the traffic to die down. If you have never seen this museum I highly recommend going.

Saturday afternoon we drove around Austin and then headed back to the house. B and I went by the grocery store on the way back to the house and got some stuff to cook. I forget how far things are away from each other out there. I can not wait until B and I return to Austin and just take it all in.

No comments: