"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
papers, papers and more papers
In grad school I have learned a few things. First you write A LOT and when you think you are finished you are not. You must go back and re-do it. Second, there is never a finished paper and it is all about the current draft to turn in. Third, everything takes time, a lot of time at that. It is important to take breaks and hang out with friends and family and it is impossible to study and write all of the time. Here is to half way through the semester. Presently working on one research paper while preparing to do another one. That is what I have learned in grad school so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I was in grad school, all I did was write and read for two years. After I finished my MA, I didn't write or read anything (except for work) for a year. No joke. Now I only read and write (outside of work) for fun.
Post a Comment