Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wedge Salad

Last night, I heated up some chicken strips and decided to add something to it. So, while looking at my friend, Tessa's blog I found a great Wedge Salad recipe. I changed it up a little.

Wedge Salad

ingredients


  • 1 head of iceberg lettuce
  • ranch dressing packet
  • 1 cup of mayo
  • 1 cup of milk
  • bacon bits
  • walnuts


Take the iceberg lettuce and cut in half. I cut the lettuce in half and then halved the half. But, if you are only serving the salad you can cut a smaller or bigger piece.

In a bowl pour out the dry ranch mix, the cup of mayo and the cup of milk. You will stir. The directions are also on the back of the packet. I stirred for about 2 or 3 minutes. After the mixture is smooth with little to no clumps you will put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You also can make this the day before and the mix is good for up to 2 or 3 weeks.

After you place the lettuce on the plate you will dribble the dressing on top and may add walnuts and bacon bits. I just guessed the amount I needed. After you add your toppings it is ready to serve. You also may use blue cheese, but I substituted the ranch dressing instead. This easy salad was a huge hit and will be in your home as well.

No comments: