Thursday, March 17, 2011

another book review

The last book review I did was on Something Borrowed and now I just finished the sequel called Something Blue. I really enjoyed both books because they used the same characters so I could follow them from one book to the next. So here is my review of Something Blue.


In the book, Something Blue it tells the story from Darcy's side. Darcy and Rachel were best friends, and in the first book it was all Rachel's point of view. Something Blue, starts off with Darcy's account  of what happened between her, Rachel and Dex. Darcy is very excited about her new life and all the ways it is about to change, except things have not quiet felt real for her. She and Marcus have fought a lot more than usual and things just don't seem right to her. After she takes Marcus to meet her parents things just go from bad to worse. Marcus does not seem to try to impress her parents but instead just looks miserable to being there. While home, Darcy learns her litter brother is engaged to be married, and feels that everyone seems to be moving on from her and her problems, to planning her brothers wedding. For Darcy this seems just awful and then there is her big secret.... When Darcy's mother finds out her secret she flips out and then Darcy and Marcus pack everything up in the middle of the night and leave. This is a big turning point in her life and she refuses to speak to her parents, Rachel, Dex and the list keeps getting longer.

So, after things fizzle with Marcus, Darcy decides that she needs a change. She begins to see how shallow her New York friends are and calls her friend, Annilease, who suggests that she moves somewhere. She first suggests moving back home to Indianapolis with her family where Annilease still lives... But, Darcy does not like that idea since she is no longer talking to her family. So, then she suggests she go to visit Ethan, another childhood friend who lives in London. So, Darcy decides to go "visit" Ethan in London. Darcy whose life has always been perfect and has always gotten everything she wants has been in for a big surprise in life. I highly recommend this book, especially if you have read the first book. I really enjoyed hearing where the characters go and end up. So, if you want to read a real girly book this is the one to pick, I hope you enjoy. It is also a fast read as was the first one.

No comments: