This past weekend, B and I went to our second wedding of this year. We have several upcoming this year and several commitments, it is off to a busy year. So, We went to the wedding which was at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church. I had only been to that church once several years ago for a funeral, so this was my first wedding to attend there. That church is going through renovations like so many have been around here. So, we went into the chapel which has stain glass windows all around it. When you look at the church from the outside you see this sanctuary that seems to be jetting out of the building so you get lots of stain glass windows.
The wedding was nice, and short. Which I enjoy. The bride wore a beautiful simple white dress, which I thought looked great on her. The wedding itself only lasted about 30 minutes or so. Then it was off to the Belo Mansion in downtown for the reception. I had been there once years ago to the new part but not to the older part. The reception was held in the older mansion part. There were two receptions going on at the Belo, so I am glad we did not end up at the wrong one. The Belo is beautiful. I really enjoyed the history and the architecture around the original mansion. There were pictures around of the original owners who lived there once upon a time. The food was good. B enjoyed the BBQ and I had tacos. The bad was great too, and did a lot of song everything from today's hits to older ones. It was nice to meet the groom a good family friend of B from growing up. They took trips together in the summers to the beach. The cake looked good, but by 10 pm they still had not cut the cake and so we did not get any :( But, all in all it was a fun time.
 |
| B and I |
 |
| brides cake |
 |
| grooms cake |
 |
| brides cake |
 |
| view looking up |
No comments:
Post a Comment