Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review- The Help

Well, to get ready to watch the movie The Help, I first read the book. This book is one that I highly recommend. I give this book five out of five stars. I really enjoyed it. The book had more of a real life feel to it. Also, it had a real life ending, not one of those everything is a happy ending.

In the book, The Help it starts out with one person's view of what is going on in life during the 1960's in Jackson, Mississippi. This book as the title suggests, tells the story of the help of the 1960's in the words of the maids that would raise the white children, while their mother's tend to their own lives. The book examines the lives of the white women through the eyes of the help, the women tell their stories to Skeeter. Skeeter is a graduate of Old Miss, who wants nothing more than a to be a writer. She starts out with an idea to write about something new that has not been written about before. So, to hear the stories of the help, please check out this book. I promise it is a fast read and not a let down.

No comments: