I am someone who LOVES movies, as anyone who knows me knows this fact. I thought every now and then I would hi-light some of my favorite movies I have seen recently. I will tell you what I think about them and kinda have a rating scale for you to go by. I am rating a 1-5. One being not good and miss and five being a great you must see it.
1. Date Nite- This movie is funny and one everyone would like. It is about this couple who has been married for a few years and has two children. They go on with their lives with their children waking them up in the middle of the night for breakfast and go to work and repeat. One night they go to a weekly book club and find out that a couple they know are splitting up. This gets them thinking about their lives and complacency. So they decide to go out and do something out of the ordinary. This is where they learn a lot about themselves and their relationship with one another. I enjoyed this movie. It has a lot of funny lines and a great date movie or just when you feel like a laugh. I give this movie a 5. It stars Tina Fey and Steve Correll.
2. The Back Up Plan- This movie is another romantic comedy, which is one of my favorite genres. It is about a woman who decides she wants to have a baby. Now, she is not married, and has not found a guy that she feels is "the one". So, she decides to take matters into her own hands. She goes to the doctor to get artificially inseminated. After the procedure is done she walks out in the poring rain and hails a cab. As she gets in another person gets in with her. They start to argue and then both exit the cab. After that chance meeting they keep running into each other. The hard thing for the main character Jennifer Lopez is to figure out how to tell him that she is pregnant. I highly recommend this one if you are in the mood for a good laugh. In my book I would give it 4 stars.
3. Charlie St. Cloud- This movie is a different kind of movie that is interesting. I enjoyed it. It starts out with Zac Eferon's character and his relationship with his younger brother. Zac's character loves to sail and shares that love with his brother. They are very talented and Zac's character has a scholarship to sail at Stanford. However, things change when he is taking his brother to a friends house. They are both in a deadly car accident. The younger brother passes away in the car accident. The interesting part is that after he passes on his spirit stays on earth. It is an interesting tale of a character who has the ability to see the spirits of people he is close to after they have passed on. Zac's character uses this talent to help save people and help them to move on to the light. I give this movie a 4. It is very different than other movies.
So these are some of the most recent movies I have seen and my take on them. Feel free to rent them or go and see them. I hope you enjoy them
2 comments:
I read Charlie St. Cloud and it sounds like the movie is different than the book. We should discuss...
Yes, let's discuss soon. I would love to hear about the book and be able to tell you more about the movie too :)
Post a Comment